Glass Containers - A Best Option For Startups!
Are you planning to bring your product out in the market and are perplexed on why I should go for glass containers? Read to know how introducing glass containers for your product's packaging may help!
Not recently there has been a trend to use glass packaging instead of plastic packaging. This is going on for a very long time but fancy companies are now being vocal on reducing the carbon footprint and contributing to climate change aggressively these days.
In this blog, like you must have gotten the idea after reading the title - we will be exploring reasons why container glass is more environmentally friendly than plastics. Moreover, why startups should use glass instead of plastics. Will the option be economic for them or costly.
Before we begin, let us briefly know what a container glass is. So a glass container is a container that is made up of glass to hold liquid, edibles, cleaning, pharmacy products, cosmetics or similar products for that matter.
Nowadays, containers made with glasses are widely used with small and large scale businesses because of various reasons. One of the reasons we all know is the look and appearance of glass is way better than that of packaging. Not only does the content inside this looks visually pleasing but the
Let us discuss what are the benefits of glass containers and how it can help small scale businesses in this.
1) Aesthetic Appeal: FMCG companies, especially the startups, struggle to market their products because of the small capital and budget. The best is to send samples in glass jar boxes to retail shops. When buyers see your product, it will automatically appeal to them as the best amongst others as glass is costlier.
And there is no hidden fact that products inside a glass packaging tend to attract consumers more than the ones inside plastic packaging. Snapple, a popular American beverage brand, had used glass packaging for some 45 years ever since its inception. Now the company, after being well established - to reduce the cost, have switched to 100% recyclable plastics for their products.
2) Authenticity Of Products: Startups are not fully established and want a lot of recognition from the buyers. Unlike the ones already in the market and giving them a tough competition, startups need to strive a lot to win trust in the market. It is important to play with less design and minimalism backed by transparency in your market approach. On the top of it, if they introduce their new product in glass packaging, this anyway is going to look best and will give customers clarity.
Country Delight markets their A2 Cow Ghee in a sturdy container glass that looks amazing. Not only this, the pale yellowish colour that one wants to see in ghee is also wonderfully visible.
3) Is An Healthy Option: Any thing that is stored in a container glass, stays fresh and healthy for a long period of time. Because of its non-porous and impermeable quality, it does not let the content lose its actual texture and is safe to use. It also allows food to be able to balance its flavours and beverages to be heated or cooled according to its temperature. Nowadays, it is also a trend to choose food that comes in glass packaging rather than in a plastic container. Hence, when a consumer sees your product, he or she will automatically feel that your brand prioritises quality even if the quantity is less.
4) Multipurpose Use: We all know that once a product with glass packaging is brought, we all tend to use it for various other reasons. Don't you store water in a Keventers milkshake bottle? Of Course you or anyone in your knowledge have done this. Or what about an empty jam bottle? You don't throw them right? You tend to store something else of your need at that point of time. So, you need to understand that people buy glass packaging stuff more in order to use them in future and save bucks in costly containers.
5) Helps Your Brand Gain Unique Identity: If you market your product in a glass container of one particular design and shape for a very long period of time, your consumers will start recognizing you and taking your brand in a positive manner - a brand that is committed towards reducing the climate change impact on the environment.
So now, you know the importance of glass packaging for your business. We understand that it will be costly over packaging but will reap you long term benefits - that you'd definitely be thankful to.